Data Protection Legislation
Kia Finance complies with the Data Protection Legislation, which lays down a set of standards that must be followed whenever personal information is processed. The Data Protection Legislation also gives individuals (known as Data Subjects) a number of rights including the right to move, copy or transfer certain personal data. Also known as ‘data portability’. This gives you the right to have certain parts of the data we hold on you transferred to you.
When do I need to make a Data Portablility Request?
At Kia Finance, we will provide you with the information in a machine readable format for you to pass onto whoever you would like. Please note that this right is different from the right of access (see Subject Access Request), and that the types of data you can obtain under these two separate rights may be different. You are not able to obtain through the data portability right all of the personal data that you can obtain through the right of access.
What do I have to do if I want to make a Data Portability Request?
You can make a Data Portability Request by any means. However, if you put your request in a letter, you should include the following:
- Your full name, date of birth, current address and previous address
- It would be useful if you could provide us with a daytime telephone number in case we need to contact you to discuss your request
- The agreement number(s) about which you want information
- If your request does not relate to an agreement, please let us know the nature of your relationship with Kia Finance and any other relevant information. For example, if you are or have been an employee, you should include details of your staff number
- Send your completed letter to: Customer Services, Kia Finance, 86 Station Road, Redhill RH1 1SR
- To download a request form, please click here
When will I receive the information?
We will provide you with the information you have requested within 28 days from the date we receive your request.
If you would like to receive the information or a copy of this leaflet in an alternative format, please phone us on 0800 085 1925 to discuss your needs. Alternatively, you can write to us at Customer Services, Kia Finance, 86 Station Road, Redhill RH1 1SR.